Managed to run the shading matrix now it’s not given me as many usable shades as i would have hoped but have a good 14 shades. think i need i have run the cutting matrix 2 times and will probably run it one more time to see if i can extract more shades in the future but for the time being i will run a total test. on 1 sheet of A3 wood but make it look as if 2 sheets. let’s begin part 2.
First run off the test matrix. can see the bottom scan line is way too burnt as predicted in last post.
I removed the bottom line and made text bigger i also messed with speed of scan of text to make it clearer. Link here for SVG and here for LB files has been requested
Still not happy with the overall test but i have identified the following shades for the map. i have named them so i can adjust accordingly going to run first a map just showing outline and counties.
- 65% Power 400 mm/s Anglesey
- 65% Power 350 mm/s Spare
- 65% Power 300 mm/s Flintshire
- 65% Power 275 mm/s Spare
- 65% Power 250 mm/s Carmarthenshire
- 65% Power 225 mm/s Ceredigion
- 65% Power 200 mm/s Denbigshire
- 65% Power 175 mm/s Powys
- 65% Power 150 mm/s Gwynedd
- 30% Power 300 mm/s South Wales
- 30% Power 275 mm/s Conwy
- 30% Power 250 mm/s Pembrokeshire
- 30% Power 225 mm/s Spare
- 30% Power 200 mm/s Wrexham
- 30% Power 175 mm/s Monmouth
Now to assign the shades to the map. as i have divided the map into multiple layers this will not be too hard to do just a little time-consuming.
now to save it for a scaled test run to 300 x 500 bit of plywood I will probably have to run it slightly smaller as layout as constraints of scale as the final map will be run on 2 x 300 x 500 sheets.
finished test run i will now add roads in different passes but before i do that i need to do a line test later on as i want the lines to be slightly different. but for the time being, going to test with the updated current setting. I also have issues with road names not showing right. as the images below the spaghetti junction so going to limit the map to show main roads in the area i really want to highlight in this map. also going to limit the name of places.
Next Part: Coming soon
- Adding Points of interest
- Scaling and spiting the map over 2 sheets of 500 x 300 plywood
- Making the map 3D by layering up the counties sea and mainland with roads and rivers i think but this is subject to change.
- mounting it all in a frame ready to be taken to wales at the end of may.